- 178745 - Repair Station Technician
- $17 to $18.50 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Repair Station Technician for an opening in Sterling, VA.
This position receives, inspects, tests, and troubleshoots and repairs items coming from customers to get repaired. This position also creates the quote for chargeable repairs, prepares tear down notes, and prepares the repaired items for shipment.
1. Log incoming repairs by creating records of customer units received for repair including customer name, unit ID, return date, etc.
2. Inspect unit and create general plan for troubleshooting
3. Test unit and direct and narrow troubleshooting plan
4. Troubleshoot and repair. Determine exact cause(s) of failure(s) and rectify.
5. Prepare and send quote for chargeable repairs. Customer must approve charges for repairs.
6. Prepare tear down notes, complete and sign appropriate documents. Comply with ZXAI procedures and FAA regulations.
7. Prepare unit for packing and move to packing department. Ensure that all of customer’s property is returned and that required documents are with unit for packing and shipment.
Understanding of electricity and electronics.
Minimum 1 year in field.
1. Good electro-mechanical assembly and troubleshooting skills.
2. Read and understand technical publications and drawings and schematics.
3. Strong attention to details and work in a fast-faced department and be able to handle stress diplomatically.
4. Attention to detail, ability to communicate clearly in English language.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.