- 178746 - Assembler
- $16 to $18.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Sterling, VA.
TheAssembler shall build assemblies, sub-assemblies,components, harnesses, cables, etc., in single or production quantities from Engineering drawings, Travelers and work instructions. This shall include the verification of parts against the drawings.
• Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to assemble equipment and products accurately.
• Hand crimping and dressing wires per Drawings requirements.
• Must be able to use hand, solder and power tools to perform assembly operations, to include crimping, soldering, wiring and enclosing assemblies as required.
• Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards.
• Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
• Rework and repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specifications changes.
• Utilize all types of hand tools.
• Maintain clean and orderly workstations.
• Perform other related duties as required
• Minimum two years practical experience as assembler and assembler trainee.
• Preferred (2) years technical training school experience
• Able to read and perform assembly tasks according to Engineering Drawings and Work Instructions.
• Able to present information and respond to questions from peers and support personnel.
• Soldering skills are preferred.
• Reliable,organized and flexible personality, able to work in an open environment.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• Willingness to communicate and take instructions.
• Effective verbal communication skills.
• Has knowledge of basic Computer Skills.
• Able to lift 40 lbs.
• Able to stand I walk for long periods of time.
• Able to work with minimal Supervision.
• Must be a Team Player.
• Willingness to participate in random drug screening program.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a conditioned manufacturing area..
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.