- 178751 - Civil/Structural Engineer
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer for an opportunity in Columbia, MD
1. Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
2. Plan and design structures and transportation or hydraulic systems, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
3. Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design and specifications.
4. Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications, safety and standards.
5. Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
6. Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
7. Influence and assist clients to determine best possible result within project parameters.
8. Perform design, loading, and stress calculations, support field investigation, and construction administration.
9. Responsible for projects within your discipline, addressing any civil/structural design issues.
10. Establishing civil/structural project budgets and schedules.
11. May also perform Project Management and/or Construction Management for primarily civil/structural projects.
Professional Engineer registration is a firm requirement. Proficiency in AutoCAD / Revit is highly desirable. US citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain DoD clearance is required. Travel may include both domestic and international short-term assignments depending on project requirements.
Accredited BS degree in engineering or applied science with at least 5 years (Civil Engineer 3) or at least 8 years (Civil Engineer 4)
PT - 20 hours a week 8-5 - flexible with hours.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.