- 178794 - Software Engineer
- CA-Ventura County
- 3 Months CTH
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Goleta, CA.
The software engineer is responsible for the development of computer software along with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware that is configured as special purpose test equipment to monitor operation of the data acquisition hardware. The test equipment may be configured to operate in many different environments including, OEM factory test equipment, depot and maintenance operations, laboratory analysis, aboard ship, etc.
• Implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide software engineering solutions including: software design, documentation, verification and validation, used in evaluating, testing and processing high fidelity data acquisition systems.
• Perform technical review, design analysis, development and selection of hardware and mission critical computer software.
• Modify existing hardware and software for systems or test facilities.
• Perform computer hardware and software development or implementation analyses; partition and structure the work to provide a means to assess and measure progress.
• Provide independent validation and verification of candidate designs and implementation approaches.
• Develop, test and document software code; support application into high level assembly as required.
• Perform software configuration management to ensure that the code reflects the latest version and revision level.
• Implement check and balance procedures to monitor, review and evaluate design activities performed to assure conformance with customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
• Review quality trends; conduct thorough design analyses including interface design, models, equipment prototypes and R&D test tools; interface with other technical personnel on quality issues.
• Ensure that assigned project tasks are completed, meet established technical and schedule requirements and comply with company’s quality system procedures. Identify and report quality problems in the assigned areas and recommend corrective action and/or alternative solutions to correct abnormal problems or trends that could jeopardize achievement of cost or schedule objectives.
• Prepare design review material in support of SRS, PDR, CDR, FDR and technical audits for assigned designs.
• Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
• May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
• Requires technical knowledge in design of real time computer hardware and software systems.
• Ability to allocate software modules to computer system components in multi-processor or parallel processor systems.
• Development of embedded software systems
• Strong analytic and communication skills.
• Requires the ability to interpret and communicate engineering plans and specifications. Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
• Excellent computer skills; ability to comprehend new hardware / software applications.
• Ability to write a concise report of findings.
• Effective human relation skills are essential.
• Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
• Experience preferred, but not required.
• Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers operating computer equipment and other office equipment.
• Employee occasionally stands and/or walks to go into meetings or for discussions with other administrative / office personnel.
• Employee occasionally reaches with hands and arms in moving tools equipment and/or products as needed.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
• Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
• Travel may be required for several days on short notice via auto/air/rail.
• Testing aboard ship may be required from time to time.
• Interacts with the engineering department and other administrative staff.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Communications, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering is required. In special circumstances knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
9/80, 1st Shift
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.