- 178804 - Assembly Technician
- Colorado Springs
- Up to $17.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembly Technician for an opening in Colorado Springs, CO.
Assemblers will maintain manufacturing processes to support production delivery, cost and quality goals. Must be able to be a team player, run machines, must be able to count and be very safety conscientious. Duties include but are not limited to manufacturing electro-mechanical assemblies, working from assembly drawings. This is a hands-on position and which both large equipment and fine detailed assembly work. Assemblers will perform a wide range of skilled mechanical assembly operations in a production environment.
• Work safely and apply 6S principles to work area. Use lean practices to reduce production bottlenecks, eliminate waste and reduce cycle time.
• Attention to detail so that quality standards are met or exceeded.
• Ability to work effectively in a team based, fast paced environment.
• Assembly of electronic and mechanical assemblies in a clean room environment, sometimes working under a microscope to assembly complex assemblies utilizing assembly documentation and procedures.
• Willing to perform tasks as an internal auditor
• Participate in Continuous Improvement programs
• Document non-conformances.
• Perform other activities as assigned.
• Use common hand and electronic assembly tools safely
• Must be able to routinely pick up 50lbs. when assembling equipment
• Cycle count program processing and problem resolution
• Adherence to ISO 9001 2000 quality system
• Pick inventory parts to fill manufacturing and customer needs
• Assist packaging large instruments in shipping crates
• Work in clean room environment
• Write engineering change requests to address production, documentation, or design problems
• Perform physical inventory on a yearly basis
• Must have High School Diploma/GED equivalent
• 1-3 years mechanical assembly
• Ability to read electronic component values, mechanical assembly drawings
• Practice work safety at all times
• Get information needed to do the job
• Meet or exceed quality and quantity standards
• Keep work area clean and orderly
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.