- 178837 - Sr Cost Accountant
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Cost Accountant for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
Execute the periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial close process pertaining to inventory and cost of goods sold
• Calculate the excess and obsolete reserves in line with corporate policy
• Maintain standard cost of goods and support the global annual cost roll process for the assigned manufacturing or distribution site, including impact to the standard margin and inventory revaluation
• Create strong collaboration with Finance and Operations business partners to identify and realize productivity savings opportunities
• Analyze manufacturing variances and drive corrective actions in collaboration with operations finance business partners
• Interface with company employees in related functions and demonstrate judgment, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers.
• Drive process improvements in cost accounting processes and data flows
• Support technical accounting issues related to the month end and quarter end financial close and understand the accounting impact of proposed transactions regarding different functions and ensure US GAAP principles and rules are properly adhered to.
• Execute key inventory and cost of goods sold process controls and ensure documentation of those controls meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements
• You have 5 to 10 years of progressive (cost) accounting or operational finance experience
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have strong experience working in ERP systems. Prior experience with Enterprise One (E1) and/or SAP is desired
• You have demonstrated hands on experience with researching and resolving technical accounting questions and issues
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills
• You thrive in a complex, multi-level environment and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
• You are a self-motivated, independent asset in the organization who has enthusiasm and energy for the job
• You have the ability to take on ad hoc projects and complete them timely and accurately
• You have prior success in a highly matrix-ed and fast paced environment
Accredited Bachelor's degree in Accounting or the equivalent education and experience
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.