- 178842 - System Safety Engineer
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a System Safety Engineer for an opening in Waco, TX.
• Acting as Company’s technical interface to the customer for all System Safety statement of work tasks regarding operations and maintenance characteristics.
• Creating System Safety and Human Factors products for hardware systems, develop allocations and present analysis results to management . These types of analyses are to be performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation and field maintenance.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Perform System Safety analysis on aircraft and electrical and mechanical systems and subsystems;
• Create System Safety Program Plans (SSPP) for system integration programs;
• Perform Fault Tree Analysis (FTA);
• Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA);
• System Safety Hazard Analysis Report (SSHAR);
• Safety Critical Function Thread Analysis (SCFTA);
• Safety Interlock Analysis;
• Write subcontractor specs and statements of work to insure flowdown, and follow-through for compliance;
• Interpret Requests for Proposal and prepare effective responses;
• Must possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Office programs) and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
• Working proficiency with MIL-STD-1629A, MIL-STD-882E, and SAE ARP4761.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Software, Physics, etc.) and a minimum of 7 years of applicable experience.
8:00 - 4:30, Monday through Friday
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.