- 178843 - Information System Security Engineer
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Information System Security Engineer for an opening in Waco, TX.
• Ensuring delivered information systems meet security standards in accordance with ICD 503, Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Developing Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), System Security Plans (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), and other applicable documents needed to obtain an Authorization to Operate (ATO) for fielded systems.
• Supporting steps one through six of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Security Life Cycle, ensuring information assurance is included in the design architecture.
• Documenting security controls/requirements for inclusion in the system requirements specifications.
• Identifying the information protection needs for systems and networks
• Reviewing and assisting design engineers in overarching system design with a focus on Information Assurance
• Interacting with customers and accreditation officials to define and achieve required Information Assurance objectives.
• Maintaining awareness of the most recent system security policies and directives
• Assisting Systems Engineers and Cybersecurity Engineers with the analysis of user and system requirements and constraints.
• Setting highest ethical standards for self and others.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
ISSE Systems engineering candidates with experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
• Candidate should hold current Security+ certification or CISSP.
• Security Engineering with accreditation experience desired.
• Familiarity with ICD 503, Risk Management Framework desired.
• Analyzing system specifications and translating to system requirements.
• Well versed in NIST 800-53 standards desired.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Software, Physics, etc.) and a minimum of 7 years of applicable experience.
8:00 - 4:30, Monday through Friday
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.