- 178844 - Electromagnetics Effects Engineer
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electromagnetics Effects Engineer for an opening in Plano, TX.
• Responsible for performing Electromagnetic Effects (EME) engineering analyses and tasks in the Military Aircraft business area.
• Support EME requirements definition for new rotary aircraft having a composite fuselage.
• Support EME design compliance approach in the areas of lightning, grounding, bonding, shielding, EMI, EMC, EMP, EMV(external EME), EMCON, precipitation static, antenna analyses – location for performance in pattern/gain/coupling.
• Will be required to interpret top level air vehicle and mission system specifications and flow down to subsystem per Military Standards and DoD processes.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to travel as necessary, although likely little or none, and limited to a rare meeting in the Waco Client facility.
• Must have experience in basic Microsoft Office software applications including Word and Excel.
• Preferred, but not required, that applicant have experience using a modern RF or Electromagnetic Modeling software tool.
• Compliance for EMI per MIL-STD-461 or RTCA DO-160
• Compliance for EME per MIL-STD-464
• Performing aircraft lightning strike analysis for Indirect and Direct Effects
• System and Equipment designs in prevention of EMI
• Analysis for control of Precipitation Static and Static discharge off aircraft
• Design for control of TEMPEST (preventing compromise of classified signals/data)
• Design of electrical grounding and bonding schemes
• Writing EME test requirements for subcontractor companies or suppliers
• Design for prevention of system upset from EMP
• Performing RF analyses for antenna pattern and gain, coupling, link margin and cosite
• Presentations for design reviews
• Managing your own schedule and budgets
Accredited BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical degree + evidence of senior level (15+ years) EME experience on air vehicles, whether in commercial or military aerospace industry.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.