- 178887 - Senior Laboratory Technician
- NY-New York
- Grand Island
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Laboratory Technician for an opening in Grand Island, NY.
The candidate will plan and carry out assays associated with the development of novel cell culture media formulations and processes. The Sr. Lab Technician works in a laboratory environment and is required to lift up to 40 lbs. As a Sr Lab technician, you may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
You must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. A Sr Lab Technician must be able to work flexible hours.
• Candidate must be able to work on teams within the Cell Culture Laboratories. Must have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and prioritize work with supervisor as necessary.
• Carry out standard operating procedures involving basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary for chemical analyses involving fresh and spent culture media and raw materials.
• Responsible for testing data records, notebooks, customer reports and computerized data storage.
• Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure assays are within operating parameters. Advise supervisor of factors that may affect quality of data. Suggest options / ideas for corrective and preventative actions.
• Requires a functional knowledge of laboratory equipment and techniques.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
• Initiative, organizational and computer skills are extremely valuable to ensure effective laboratory
• Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
• Must possess self-motivation and the ability to work on routine analysis or new assignments with
• limited instructions.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
• High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
• Experience with HPLC/UHPLC methods and instrumentation is required.
• Minimum of AAS degree (BS preferred) in Chemistry, Biotechnology, or related Sciences.
Experience with cGMP, GLP, CLIA or other lab regulation is preferred.
• Minimum two years of experience in a laboratory setting following an AAS degree.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.