- 179033 - Laboratory Technician
- CA-Northern California
- West Sacramento
- Up to $15.24 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Laboratory Technician for an opening in West Sacramento, CA.
• Performs routine laboratory analyses involving sample receiving and processing
• Maintains laboratory by cleaning and sterilizing equipment, keeping inventory, and ordering lab supplies
• Ensures instruments and equipment in the clinical lab are functioning properly and maintained on a routine preventative maintenance schedule
• Participates in proficiency testing
• Utilizes good documentation practices (GDP) and follows laboratory quality control and quality assurance policies
• Complies with Life Technologies Clinical Services Lab safety policies and procedures
• Maintains data management by downloading raw output files from NGS processing
• Other duties as assigned
• 1-2 years’ experience working in a clinical or research laboratory environment.
• Use of computer systems for data entry, retrieval, and analyses involving word processing programs, spreadsheets containing data analyses, and complex computer driven instrumentation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to problem solve highly complex analyses
• Strong understanding of good laboratory practices and regulatory compliance
• May handle highly infectious agents and hazardous chemicals.
• Sit or stand for long periods of time while using equipment and specimen handling and/or for computer work
• Bend or twist to reach into lower cabinets and drawers and squat or kneel to remove or store supplies stored on lower shelves
• Stretch or over-the-head arm movements to reach into high cabinets and shelves to remove or store supplies
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
• Visual requirements to distinguish colors for analysis; and auditory requirements to hear timers on equipment
• Fine hand manipulation is required to operate equipment, manipulate and pipette specimens
• Working hours are normally nine to five. Longer hours can be worked, although there is usually some flexibility in start and finish times (Nonexempt employees are entitled to overtime pay. Exempt employees are not.)
• Work is mainly laboratory-based with some time spent in the office writing up experiments, validation documents, and standard operating procedures
BS/BA degree in Medical Technology or Biological Sciences from an accredited college or university
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.