- 179038 - Senior Quality Inspector
- CA-Northern California
- Santa Rosa
- Up to $40.43 DOE
- 3 Months CTH
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Quality Inspector for an opening in Santa Rosa, CA.
• Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, electrical test and functional inspection on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
• Performs complex and critical inspection procedures, requiring special set-ups of new or unique equipment and interpretation of test data from a variety of sources.
• Conducts Receiving inspection of mechanical, optical and electronic parts and assemblies.
• Performs in-process inspections.
• Conducts outbound inspection and audits of new and repaired products. Performs routine and non-routine tasks requiring the operation and application of metrology and calibration equipment.
• Maintains accurate and updated laboratory notebooks and data entry records.
• Maintains supply levels for performance of assigned duties.
• Assists with supplier evaluation and corrective action.
• Interfaces with members of the Mechanical Engineering, Planning/Materials, Production departments.
• Second shift hours might be required.
• Experience – 5+ years of increasingly difficult inspection experience. GD&T experience required. • Knowledge of IPC-A-610 and IPC-W7HMA-A-620A.
• Understand and interpret of engineering drawings and specifications..
• Experience in use of micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, microscopes, optical comparators, etc.
• Knowledge of a wide variety of inspection methods and equipment.
• Knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in accordance with ANSI/Y14.5.
• Working knowledge of sophisticated measuring equipment techniques such as coordinate measuring machine.
• Ability to perform complex shop mathematics.
• Attention to detail; able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to converse with all levels of employees and government officials.
• May be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, with assistance and sit at a desk for long hours.
• Must have excellent hand-eye coordination; be able to perform repetitive hand movements; have close, distance, color, depth and peripheral vision.
• Typical office/manufacturing environment.
• Fast-paced and changing environment.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, A.A. degree, vocational certificate preferred. CMM training highly desirable.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.