- 179137 - Production Technician II
- Up to $17.00 DOE
- 11 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Production Technician II
for an opening in Madison, WI.
• Assemble through documented process and methods subassemblies to meet quality specifications and productivity standards
• Assemble electronic assemblies (hand soldering, inspection, documentation and part number interpretation, wire crimping, and basic hand tool usage)
• Operate required automated manufacturing equipment including but not limited to, label makers, presses, drills, and prep equipment
• Perform inspection of raw materials and products to ensure acceptability
• Process repairs on assemblies within a specified lead-time
• Assist in troubleshooting, assembly testing, and pre-testing process/products
• Ensure proper inventory management procedures are followed
• Coordinate with assigned lead to insure Value Stream Training matrix accurately reflects qualifications, skill sets and learning’s
• Participate and contribute to daily Team Stand up meetings
• Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
• Proficient with basic assembly equipment/processes used in department
• Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team based environment
• Ability to work independently with some assistance
• Attention to detail, supported by well developed organizational and follow up skills
• Ability to follow directions and written procedures (Manufacturing Details and Standard Operating Procedures)
• Ability to read manufactures product specifications and internal documentation created such as blue prints, and assembly procedures
• Able to handle and assemble small parts
• Ability to take ownership for general processes/products
• Basic understanding of the Manufacturing Work Order and Inventory Control Systems
• Basic knowledge of computers
• Physical activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, repetitive motions, crawling and reading.
• Level of physical requirements: Medium Work. May require exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Level of visual acuity: Inspection and close assembly.
• Working conditions: Activities occur inside, hazards and atmospheric conditions, required to wear respirator at times when conditions warrant.
• Equipment/Tools: Personal computer, hand tools.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Two year associate degree in electronics or similar field a plus
• Related course work or work experience a plus
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.