- 179405 - Test Engineer
- Up to $28.85 DOE
- 7 Months CTH
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test Engineer for an opening in Philadelphia, PA.
Effectively and efficiently conduct tests on all Division products in accordance with specification requirements. Be knowledgeable of all military specifications; particularly, as relates to product testing. Be familiar with laboratory equipment, be capable of making test set-ups, conducting the test, gathering all pertinent data, and providing an analysis of the data. Make necessary repairs to laboratory equipment.
1. Conduct testing in accordance with required specifications.
2. Conduct testing in accordance with the laboratory safety manual and recognized safety procedures.
3. Develop new and more efficient methods for testing the products.
4. Assist other engineering personnel in the evaluation and analysis of test data.
5. Make circuit calculations as required to assure correct voltage, current and power factor levels for short circuit and endurance testing.
6. Gather test data in a precise and logical manner and record in such a manner that data is not misunderstood.
7. Operate the laboratory test equipment within it s safe and recommend rating.
8. Maintain test equipment in good working condition and update, where necessary.
9. Make repairs to test equipment, as required.
10. Recommend design changes or modifications based on test results to assure optimum product performance.
11. Preparation of certification test reports.
12. Preparation of purchase requisitions for acquisition of test equipment or supplies needed by laboratory.
Knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical testing of circuit breakers, switchgear and protection and control products.
Knowledge of the Division's products.
1. Ability to make test set up and conduct electrical and mechanical testing.
2. Ability to record test results in a clear and logical manner.
3. Ability to communicate test results and test information to other engineering personnel.
4. Ability to explain test procedure and test results to customers.
5. Ability to perform test in a safe manner.
6. Ability to prepare test reports and documentation required for submittal to customer or regulatory agency.
7. Ability to analyze test data and make recommendations.
8. Ability to use software tools such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and equipment software formats.
Accredited Associate engineering degree, technical training or equivalent.
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.