- 179544 - Industrial Engineer 2
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Industrial Engineer 2 for an opening in Everett, WA.
Seeking an Industrial Engineer to support our 747/767/777 Fulfillment Industrial Engineering Core team. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Applies Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools under general supervision to promote and assist in implementing changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations.
• Assists in developing models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers).
• Applies general industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements.
• Assist in research, design, development, improvement and implementation of processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
• Under general supervision, manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, and timing of projects, and performs risk analysis using project management tools (e.g., work break-down structure, precedence network, resource allocation).
• Provides support to project completion.
• Utilizes engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to support the development of optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
• Under general direction, analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
• Experience managing projects
• Ability to walk, stand, and enter into aircraft via steps or ladders as needed.
• 1+ years of experience in an industrial engineering role
• Experience using Microsoft Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience in 6 or more of the following: Process Modeling, Manufacturing Operations Support, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical/Trend Analysis, Six Sigma, Capacity Planning, Production/Mfg System Design, Work Methods Analysis/Time Standards, Planning/Constraint Based Scheduling, Ergonomics & Human Factors, Facilities
• Able to interact with employees to gather data for process improvements. This may include observing and documenting processes, and collecting data in manufacturing areas or in aircraft during various production phases. This requires the ability to walk, stand, and enter into aircraft via steps or ladders as needed. Also, candidate may be in proximity to chemicals when observing/gathering data in an area in the factory where chemicals are in use. Candidate may be required to travel for short off site workshops.
Accredited Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.