- 179718 - Machine Operator
- NC-North Carolina
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Machine Operator for an opening in Asheville, NC.
• Reads and interprets specifications and drawings along with visual inspection of assembly for quality standards. Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained. References work instructions and reviews print specifications to determine proper materials and set-up to accomplish production requirements.
• Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained. Verifies and completes job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory. Properly tracks and disposes of scrap and completes non-conforming tickets.
• Advises supervisor of quality problems and the status of jobs. Works with production personnel, other operators, Supervisor and/or the engineering staff to troubleshoot problems.
• Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
• Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices within guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety and efficiency.
• Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team goals and continuous improvement in process.
• Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of others regarding production issues and goals.
• Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
• Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.
• Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
• Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
• Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions.
• 3- 6 month manufacturing experience preferred.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.