- 179726 - Scientist
- CA-Bay Area
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist for an opening in Fremont, CA.
Manufactures in-vitro diagnostic products (controls and calibrators) used in the clinical laboratory, following cGMP. Completes associated manufacturing documentation and participates in continuous improvement projects.
* Manufacture bulk products and perform testing using chemistry clinical analyzers
* Completes manufacturing batch records and MPIs, ensure compliance at all times in accordance with cGMP including GDP
* Meet on-time delivery dates for each assigned work order and adhere to production schedule
* Review and analyze data
* Weighing, transfer, mixing of chemicals required
* Initiates non-conformance reports as required
* Perform product filtrations
* Review and approve completed batch records
* Maintain and analyze lot histories for trends and discrepancies
* Assist with modifying SOPs, work instructions and reports
* Recommends improvements to processes, environment or equipment
* Participate in daily/weekly lab '5s' activities
* Keep department lead or manager updated on all issues
* Monitor stocks of common lab supplies
* Perform other job duties as required
* Experience/understanding of Quality System Regulations and cGMP preferred
* Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and focused
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Can follow procedures carefully
* Computer/software skills (Outlook, Excel and Word)
* Strong laboratory skills including pipetting, safety, and hazardous chemical handling
* Basic lab skills and knowledge of safety precautions
* Must be able to work with potentially hazardous chemicals and human source materials
* Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time
* Must be able to lift 25 lbs routinely. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Accredited BS/BA in scientific discipline (chemistry/biochemistry) with 0 - 2 years related experience and/or training preferred. AA degree with 2 - 4 years related experience may be substituted
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.