- 179735 - Customer Service Representative
- NC-North Carolina
- 10 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Customer Service Representative for an opening in Asheville, NC.
• Adhere to Client protocols, consistencies and procedures.
• Ensures that Client customer satisfaction objectives are met or exceeded.
• Provide high level of customer service to existing and new customer base by managing customer accounts.
• Serves as the liaison between the customers and other departments.
• Works with Finance on Cash In Advance issues; Letters of Credit, credit limit issues, and commissions.
• Works with Operations to get delivery dates; to expedite deliveries, assist with order issues and highlight critical orders.
• Escalates problem orders to International Customer Service Team Lead and/or International Customer Service Supervisor as directed.
• Assists in resolving issues concerning, but not limited to; short shipments, mis-shipments, freight adjustments by working closely with the Export Documentation Specialists.
• Assists customers with credits for returns generated by Returns Department.
• Processes warranty replacement orders issued by Returns Department.
• Is proactive in communicating with the customer and responds to customer inquiries and requests in a timely fashion.
• Provides customer with order status proactively; reviews customer open orders and escalates problem delivery issues.
• Interface closely with sales, service, and management to ensure customer satisfaction is maximized.
• Effectively communicates and exchanges information among team members and other Client personnel, channel partners and customers.
• Responsible for meeting all required department and company training goals and expectations.
• Prepares orders for order entry, which includes export compliance screen, verifying and resolving discrepant or non-standard delivery terms, payment terms, pricing and part numbers. Estimate delivery date/s as applicable.
• Works closely with Export Documentation Specialists to ensure that shipments are routed properly.
• Support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and participate in initiatives as required. Recommends process improvements and with coordination of supervisor, serves on PPI and other process improvement teams or projects.
• Learns all products and keeps current on product changes and upgrades.
• Takes any necessary classes to perform job functions.
• Displays a positive friendly attitude toward customers, co-workers and management.
• Performs other duties as necessary.
• 3 to 5 years customer service experience preferred.
• Knowledge of International Trade Practices is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of restrictive trade practice or boycott transactions and US Denied Persons/Companies list. Should be current on export regulations and current US embargoed countries and maintain vigilance in working within legal and Client regulations and guidelines or be able to learn same.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
• Excellent Computer skills required; efficiency in Word and Excel.
• Excellent communication skills required; both oral and written.
• Must be able to acquire thorough product knowledge and be skilled in the use of computers.
• Must be a team player and dedicated to being an active, participating team member.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.