- 179865 - Electrical Engineer II
- Grand Prairie
- $50 to $70.00 DOE
- 5-6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer II for an opening in Grand Prairie, TX.
Manage and coordinate projects for products using sound technical engineering and project management principals to ensure robust, airworthy designs and accomplishing project and business objectives.
Able to work independently to support engineering efforts; Provides input to programs and projects; Independently owns, or leads a team for small/medium size projects; Leads and owns all aspects of product design life cycle including research, proposal, development and production phases; Takes responsibility (technical and project management) small/medium projects with support from management and/or higher level engineers on activities.
-Support new product development in providing solutions to problems with electronic circuitry. Analyze problems and identify design solutions as applicable.
- Lead component engineering activities such as parts obsolescence, lifecycle management, parts library administration, design compliance analysis, part selection & qualification
- Implement designs changes through ECOs. Evaluate design change requests for relevance and correctness. Develop, design, and modify products to the defined requirements including analysis, laboratory tests, simulation, and field evaluation to assure compliance to project and customer and industry requirements; prepare the documents required to define the products and show verification of analytics.
- Provide technical assistance to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product.
- Provide test and evaluation support including input to ATP and QTP test plans and procedures.
- Work with other engineering disciplines (mechanical, optics, quality, and manufacturing) to accomplish cross-functional designs and integration of designs. Participate in design reviews.
- Support the creation of stress analyses and apply proper component derating factors for each project.
- Modifies existing products to support customer and manufacturing, to achieve regulatory compliance, and meet applicable industry standards, while satisfying market requirements.
- Analyzes electronics and electrical designs (analog) by hand and by using analysis tools such as LTSpice.
- Provide component engineering support to other electrical engineers and PCB layout designers
- Maintain OrCAD CIP and CIS part library, generate spec control drawings for electrical components
- Create or calculate reliability analysis, stress analysis, and Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA).
- Participate on multi-discipline concurrent development and corrective action teams.
- Prepare, review, and approve the documentation required to define and control products. Prepare design proposals to present to customer once design is finalized. Support design reviews, both customer and internal as required.
- Coordinate and support the prototype manufacturing of products.
- Create and implement test procedures for products based on product requirements and customer specifications. Monitor testing and analyze data to verify performance of the prototype product to customer and design specifications. Review and approve test reports.
- Conduct failure analysis examinations and prepare Failure Analysis Reports (FAR) of findings.
- Provide technical support to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product
- Create new circuit designs and advanced methodologies to support the Technical Roadmap of the organization
- Provide Subject matter expertise on all areas of Electrical and Electronic Engineering designs.
Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
Solves a range of straightforward problems
Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Experience in analog and circuit design (digital is a plus), which includes ADC and DAC circuits design, DC - DC converter power supply design, constant current source
Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.