- 179866 - Shipping and Receiving Specialist
- 6 months
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Specialist in Wauwatosa, WI.
All warehouse and distribution activity including receiving and shipping operations and inventory control in adherence to Quality Work Instructions and local processes and policies.
- Practice good ergonomic and safe work habits in accordance to OSHA, EPA, and Bostik specific EHS guidelines.
- Assist the supervisor to maintain warehouse inventory with a 99.5% inventory accuracy.
- Receive inbound goods, Raw Material (RM), Purchased Finished goods (PFG) in a timely manner and report any discrepancy to logistics buyer.
- Work with Customer Service Representatives to resolve customer order issues and insure all deliveries are shipped on-time.
- Maintain FIFO practices to ensure product shipped to not compromise product shelf life.
- Assist supervisor to control inventory for better utilization of warehouse space.
- Assemble, label, package, and complete shipping paperwork for hazardous and non-hazardous customer and sample shipments with a 99% on-time shipment accuracy in relation to Bostik On-time and In Full (OTIF) Metric.
- Practice safe loading and unloading of shipments onto commercial carrier vehicles.
- Complete monthly small parcel reconciliation.
- Complete Puresafety training in a timely manner and perform other duties as assigned.
- Forklift Certification Required
- 5-10 years of material handling experience with 2 years of warehouse supervisory experience
- Knowledge of warehouse operations including: Receiving, shipping, inventory controls, warehouse utilization and OSHA regulation.
- Current valid drivers license or ability to obtain one
- Ability to lift and/or manipulate up to 50 lbs on a recurring basis
- Organized, detail oriented self-starter with demonstrated results as a team member and individual contributor.
- Hazmat material and small parcel shipping experience preferred
- Basic Computer and data entry experience (MS Word and excel). Work experience with a WMS or ERP system is a big plus.
- Demonstrated potential to move and grow across the broader company organization.
- A high sense of commitment to personal and workplace safety.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
First shift, full time
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.