- 179870 - Sr Systems Security Engineer (RMF)
- CA-Bay Area
- Port Hueneme
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Systems Security Engineer (RMF) for an opportunity in Port Hueneme, CA
• Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) supports the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process for multiple classified and unclassified networks at Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme Division (NSWC PHD).
• Creates RMF packages in Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
• Coordinates the activities of RMF steps 1 through 5 by consolidating data from various sources, uploading required artifacts, and requesting authorization from the Authorizing Official (AO).
• Supports continuous monitoring, RMF Step 6, through proactive vulnerability management and annual security reviews to ensure networks maintain the Authority to Operate (ATO).
• Conducts network vulnerability scanning, analyzes scan results, coordinates the remediation or mitigation of vulnerabilities, manages the Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM), and adjusts security control assessments to update residual risk.
• Uses cybersecurity tools in the execution of RMF responsibilities including eMASS, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM), and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
• Serves as a network security subject matter expert (SME) in the provision of influence and recommendations in the design, implementation, and operation of government customer enterprise networks.
• Documents and manages network architecture changes through a standard Configuration Management workflow to determine changes to the security posture of the system.
• Uses Project Management (PM) principles to execute A&A activities.
• Interfaces with the government customer, fellow ISSEs, network system administrators, security control assessors, RMF package reviewers, and contracting management in the execution of responsibilities.
• Experience: Min. eight (8) years’ experience in Information Technology (IT).
• Min. three (3) years’ experience in Information Assurance, Cybersecurity.
• Proficient in eMASS, ACAS, VRAM, and STIGs.
• Certification: Must have one (1) security certification within six months of hire (e.g., Sec+, CISSP, CASP, CISM or SSCP).
• Three (3) years’ experience combined in DIACAP and RMF.
• Three (3) years’ experience as a network system administrator or network engineer.
• Education: Master’s degree from an accredited university in a related field.
• Navy Qualified Validator (NQV, Level I-III)
• Operating System Certification (e.g., CCNA, MCSA, RHEL, etc.)
Accredited Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.