- 180100 - Software Engineer
- Up to $72.11 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Hillsboro, OR.
• Design and implement models, standards, practices, for improving and aligning data use across microscope products. Coordinate with other software leads and architects to gain alignment.
• Define and implement features of the software focused on backend database and analytics.
• Follow organizational practices and tools such as agile development, unit testing, source code and configuration management, code reviews, specifications, and documentation.
• Make practical design choices given limited requirements and defined delivery schedules.
• Demonstrated expertise in PostgreSQL including design, programming, performance tuning.
• Knowledge of data architecture & modeling best practices.
• 5+ years of experience in implementing data-centric applications.
• Solid software-engineering practices such as requirements, Agile processes, unit-testing, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to network across functional groups.
• Eligible for passport and able to travel.
• Expertise in data architecture, database design, data governance, and related disciplines.
• Experience with other technologies a plus: MS SQL Server, .NET, Linux, Windows, web-development.
• Knowledge of capital equipment manufacturing, large and near-real-time data analysis, electron microscopy, semiconductor or life-science industries a plus.
Accredited University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.