- 180317 - Software Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- San Jose
- Up to $86.54 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in San Jose, CA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of instruments connectivity framework for Cloud and IoT environment. Enabling scalable device connectivity, cross device communication and interoperability. Defining and developing the intersection of embedded systems architecture, instrument control and contemporary technologies related to IoT and cloud computing.
• An active contributor to architectural definition and collaboration across CMD business units, to develop a common framework in how the instruments and client services interact and connect
• As a key member of the development team responsible for delivery of the framework including the API, data architecture, security, event management and relevant middleware
• Active role in the proof of concept development to establish technical and business feasibility.
• Enable meaningful communications between devices using contemporary semantic methodologies, domain taxonomies, and ontologies
• Evangelizes and drive technical and architectural migration to the framework
• Experience building web services using JSON, REST and other similar web service technologies
• Working knowledge Service Oriented Architecture and Complex Event Processing
• Experience with IoT technologies such as Thingworx, OPC-UA and Cloud service bus.
• Good understanding of network architecture and secure communication protocols
• Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience in Cloud technologies and modern distributed architectures including experience working with Amazon Web Services or Azure Cloud
• Experience with Semantic Web technologies and Resource Description Framework (RDF)
• Demonstrated success in cross-organizational technical collaboration and product development
• Strong analytical and communication skill
• Good working experience of software development life cycle and Agile development methodology
• Some exposure to laboratory instruments such as Mass Spectrometer, Chromatography, LIMS or other scientific data analysis software is highly desired but not required
• Mass spectrometry or NGS laboratory experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with technical and executive audiences
• Strong software and systems architectural experience
• Highly motivated, self-confident with a collaborative working style that fosters participation and contribution by others
• Strong interest in Cloud based technologies and business opportunities related to the science enabled by our products
• Strong interpersonal skills
• 3+ years of relevant work experience.
• Ability to travel
Accredited M.S or B.S in Physics, Computer Science, or Software Engineering or related fields preferred.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.