- 180673 - Logistics Management Analyst
- Fort Worth
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Logistics Management Analyst for an opportunity in Fort Worth, TX.
Controls the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between points of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. Ensures that customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives. Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions. Builds relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives. Integrates learning from customers, competitors, operating entities, distribution, transportation, customer service, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position.
o Processing US import instructions to US brokerage firms for temporary import, return, tool and support equipment shipments in accordance with LM Aero internal processes and federal regulatory requirements
o Review commercial/non-commercial shipping invoices for required information
o Review any required shipper and/or importer declarations for required information
o Advise program contacts on LM requirements for import documentation
o Research items and classify under HTSUS
o Create and maintain lists of tool and support equipment lists containing kit/set contents, HTS, value, country of origin, and PGA status
o Interface with LM SME’s to obtain required PGA statements and documents
o Interface with LM SME’s to obtain item missing item information
o Respond to LM internal requests for verification of DTC release
• Review and maintenance of import data for temporary ITAR license tracking
• Support Import Compliance Coordinators with instructions to US brokerage firms for new purchases and HTS classification assistance
• Additional functions or projects relating to US import activity as assigned
• Certification in HTS classification, US Import processes, or Customs Broker License preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience classifying products and using government publications to ensure compliance with US import law
• Demonstrated experience in reading, understanding, and applying data in HTSUS, including General Rules of Interpretation, Additional Rules, and Section and Chapter notes.
• Demonstrated experience in utilizing explanatory notes, published binding rulings, informed compliance publications, customs bulletins
• Demonstrated experience in understanding and applying Federal Code of Regulations Title 19
• Demonstrated experience in understanding detailed product literature and determining best contact group for clarification and additional details.
• Previous work employed by an importer preferred.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently while integrating projects with wider team environment required.
• High level of reading comprehension required.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Adept at working professionally with personnel of different knowledge, skill sets, and priorities required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite required.
• Experience with SAP and GTS preferred
• Previous experience evaluating products for PGA requirements a plus
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in legal, business management, or supply chain.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.