- 180849 - Electrical Engineer
- $40 to $42.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an opening in Philadelphia, PA.
In this role, you will provide design support for new power conversion product developments and existing product upgrades. Use appropriate electrical analyses to evaluate design options and to ensure that design requirements will be met. Assist in the construction and testing of prototypes and qualification test units. Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Assisting in the development and design of Military electronic systems and sub-systems
• Assisting in the performance of both design evaluation/verification and qualification/validation testing of electronic and power electronic systems
• Troubleshooting existing designs and generating creative design improvements
• Performing analysis of test data and recommending design changes
• Verifying design through the use of software simulation tools (PSpice, Matlab Simulink, etc.)
• Thoroughly documenting and explaining test plans, results, and analysis to peer reviewers, internal and external customers
• Participating in test-to test specification and reliability qualification tests
• Participating in brainstorming sessions to create new products and technologies
• Knowledge of systems simulation tools such as PSpice, Matlab, etc.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Familiarity with a manufacturing environment
• Ability to work independently to assemble and test engineering models, printed circuit boards and prototypes using the latest tools and instrumentation
• Familiar with designing for EMI/EMC a plus
• Digital, magnetics and power conversion experience a plus
Accredited BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in power electronic design and military electronics design
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.