- 180889 - Material Handler
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $18.38 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Handler for an opening in Fremont, CA.
Receiving, examining, sorting, arranging, counting, storing, picking, and packing items for storage and shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
• Process shipping and receiving packages with speed, accuracy and close attention to detail.
• Preparing cGMP compliant documents
• Operating material handling equipment
• Working in and out of a -20C Freezer and 5C Cold Room.
• Preparing and shipping materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
• Support interdepartmental communication relating to several groups such as Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Shipping.
• Inventory Receipt and Storing of newly approved materials.
• Assume responsibility for special projects assigned by the Team Leads, Supervisor and/or management.
• Perform frequent inventory, stock rotation, and cycle counting.
• Restocks and maintains inventory levels on shipping materials and supplies.
• May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a minimum of 1 – 3 years related experience. Experience with Inventory Control is a plus.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills
• Consistently demonstrates positive and productive results
• Interacts equally well with all employees utilizing strong interpersonal skills
• Follows written and verbal instructions accurately and efficiently
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Personable, and perpetuates a can-do positive attitude
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Computer skills are required with the ability to learn and retain new computer programs
• Performs work of a highly repetitive nature.
• Will walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 40 lbs.
• May handle “ packaged ” hazardous materials.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
• Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change).
• Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
• Must be able to lift 50# or more
• Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
• Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety training.
• Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EHS programs and activities.
• Maintain compliance to PPE requirements
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.