- 180909 - Field Application Engineer
- NC-North Carolina
- Up to $28.25 DOE
- 1 Month
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Field Application Engineer for an opening in Wilson, NC.
• Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of Chromatography systems, Dissolution Baths, Balances, Environmental Chambers, and others
• Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS and customer teams.
• Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
• Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects the malfunctioning product to determine the nature and scope of the problem
• Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine the source of the problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
• Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
• Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
• Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
• Other duties may be assigned
• Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
• Must always be customer focused to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance.
• Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirement are met, and to capture, present and explain job or site-specific performance metrics.
• Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• 2+ years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation or 2+ years relevant industry experience
• Hands-on experience with Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems preferred
• Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
• Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field preferred
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.