- 180989 - Tool Design Engineer Level 1
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 4 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Tool Design Engineer level 1 for an opportunity in Torrance, CA
1. Resolve complex technical issues in primary area of competence
2. Typically deals with several problems at the same time
3. Integrates a range of inputs into job performance; includes supervisor inputs, task and project requirements, and job related theories of concept.
4. Solid understanding of advanced principles/concepts
5. Must have strong oral and written communication skills; able to communicate to management and technicians working on the production floor.
1. Engineer must be able to use Pro-E or Creo with 5 years of experience.
2. Strong geometric dimensioning and tolerances, ANSI/ASME, Y14.5 drawing practices
3. Must be willing to work in a fast paced work environment and to switch job priority as necessary
4. Able to work outside the ‘box’ to solve complex problems
5. Be able to trouble shoot tooling problems on the shop floor
6. Be able to plan out designs for weld fixtures, pressure test and machining fixtures
7. Knowledge of the operation of mills, lathes, jig boards, grinders and cnc manufacturing machines.
8. Knowledge of manufacturing processes: molding, casting, metal forming, heat treatment, metal finishing and welding
9. Experience with parts and materials procurement.
10. Must work well in a group environment
11. Knowledge of inspection equipment; gages, dial indicators, micrometers, comparator
12. Understanding of 2D and 3D blue prints
Accredited BS degree in engineering or applied science
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.