- 180996 - Engineer II
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer II for an opportunity in Carson, CA.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) supports the Quality organization and acts as the primary quality interface with one or more suppliers. The individual in this position serves as a primary contact focal, facilitating supplier corrective actions and driving process improvements across the WWS site. This individual will also serve on the internal audit team assessing processes to determine adequacy and effectiveness of the existing control environment and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Provides a broad range of Quality support for achieving business objectives to include contract review, requirements dissemination and allocation, facilitating Corrective Action events and implementing process improvements.
• As a member of the Safran and WWS Quality Team, provides full service support to operations and supply chain to drive a quality and compliance culture that exemplifies Safran’s Group Values.
• Provide Continuous Improvement coaching and development across the facility.
• Develop detailed trend and performance analytics to prevent issues from occurring/recurring.
• Facilitate the development and continuous improvement of the QRQC program.
• Function as a leader, facilitator, and performer of complex Root Cause and Corrective Action initiatives using industry proven tools and techniques resulting in “Cant Fail” process improvements.
• Support Operations, Contract, Sales, Purchasing, and Engineering in their efforts to deploy Zero Defect environments in all activities.
• Investigate contractual and regulatory compliance requirements and assess the company’s ability to perform and comply with the stated elements.
• Perform Internal Audits in alignment with AS9100 Rev D standards
• Generate executive level briefing packages with minimal input from leadership
• Establish and implement regular correspondence with prime supplier to assure continuous improvement supplier satisfaction.
• Support Repair Station Quality operations assuring compliance to FAA requirements
• Respond to inquiries regarding product and process compliance
• Facilitate Lean events across multiple disciplines
• Ensure effective Records and Information management and retention
• Actively engage in the product development states representing quality
• Define and deploy product and process acceptance strategies and plans that maximize value and minimize risk
• Other duties as assigned
? Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
? Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
Other Skills:Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills (AutoCAD/Inventor preferred); Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards; Experience in manufacturing techniques; Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
Accredited Bachelor's degree (B.S) in engineering required or 4 years of relevant engineering experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience preferred.
M-F 7am - 4:00pm
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.