- 181007 - Customer Service Specialist
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Customer Service Specialist for an opening in Cambridge, MA.
• Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisors (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
• Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
• Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure customer and Fisher requirements are met.
• Order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders, problem resolution, executing 3rd party and agent buys, vendor and customer interaction.
• Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics.
• Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems and may help identify solutions. Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
• Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
• Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
• Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
• Utilizes basic systems or performs the functions stated below:
• Operates various Clients’ handheld devices that include:
• Chemical management device
• Access & utilize Clients’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
• Performs stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
• Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
• Delivers direct shipment orders to end users.
• Represent Client at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Support the Quality Management System by:
• Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
• Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
• Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines.
• Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
• Must be customer focused to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
• Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
• Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
• Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirement are met, and to capture, present and explain job or site specific performance metrics.
• Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Client.
• Maintains Clients’ Four-I Values.
• Must possess a High School Diploma.
• Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience.
• Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
• May be required to work independently at customer location.
• Extensive walking may be required.
• Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
• May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
• Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
• May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.