- 181033 - Sr Quality Assurance Specialist
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Quality AssuranceSpecialist for an opportunity in Dayton, Oh
Provides specialized technical expertise in support of the Quality program, including specialized inspection and testing techniques, quality training, statistical methods, audits, quality tools for problem solving and assessment. Creates inspection reports stating the conditions of a work area to ensure requirements are met. Makes recommendations for corrective action. Applies knowledge of quality systems and tools to validate and verify contractually required standards for project execution. Implements principles of performance evaluation and prediction methods are used to improve product systems safety, reliability, and maintainability. Responsible for maintaining quality standard of products and the procedures and materials that go into work scope. Aligns quality management function with the performance needs of product lines. Under general supervision, solves complex problems requiring detailed knowledge of field and industry best practices. Uses experience and problem solving skills to develop and improve processes. May provide guidance to less experienced team members.
• Interpret and comply with quality standards
• Ensure quality standards are adequate
• Recommend, maintain, and elaborate on industry standard practices for collecting and reporting quality data
• Apply quality tools and methodologies for improving and monitoring the performance, efficiency, and effectiveness of quality systems
• Develop and maintain quality system process maps and dashboards
• Plan, perform, and oversee inspection and test activities to ensure expected outcomes
• Document quality activities, such as internal audits, corrective actions, and verification of effectiveness reports
• Report status of all grievances and discrepancies documented in the quality system to the Director of Quality
• Gather, organize, and report quality statistics and trending data
• Inspect data to detect areas for improvement
• Elaborate, recommend and oversee improvement actions
• Report on results of quality activities
• Report on training needed to ensure conformance with quality standards, work with team to develop training materials, and conduct training
Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 5+ years of experience.
• 5+ years Quality Assurance related work experience
• Located in Dayton, Ohio
• ISO 9001 or AS9100 experience
• Experience in the Engineering Services Industry
• Proficient with databases and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Quality principles, terms, tools, methodologies, and statistical techniques
• Some travel may be required
As a Plus (+) but not required:
Experience in the areas of:
• ISO 9001:2015 or AS9100 D certifications
• Process design and automation
• Designing intuitive user interfaces
• Engineering design & development
• Software design & development
• Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
• Auditing experience associated with DCAA, DCMA, international standards, or federal regulations (e.g. ISO 9001:2015, AS9100 Rev D, FAA, EPA, FDA, OSHA etc.)
• Certification, such as Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, LEAN, Six Sigma, or Quality Improvement Associate etc.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.