- 181037 - Computer Scientist/Systems Analyst
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Computer Scientist/Systems Analyst for an opportunity in Aurora, CO.
Position responsibilities include providing technical leadership for the development, maintenance and support of business applications that are an integral part of the management and administration of the Defense Health Agency. The candidate will establish relationships with end customers, obtain and refine requirements, build agreed upon schedules and mentor software / database staff to deliver high quality products on-time, utilizing Microsoft Development Tools. From time to time, responsibilities will include the ability to fill in as a lead for Software Development, Independent Quality Assurance and Database Administration tasks.
Candidate should have experience across a variety of tasks including
• Gathering, interpreting and documenting customer requirements
• Providing technical support for the development, maintenance, and support of business applications
• Providing technical support in the preparation of information assurance documentation and associated audits.
• Estimation of level of effort and duration of Software Development tasks
• Providing technical support and mentorship to less experienced team members
• Providing functional expertise for the analysis and enhancements of business tools
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation related to supported business tools
Providing support for transactional databases in a SQL Server environment
• Software Development experience in Microsoft .Net, VBA, or equivalent
• Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Transact SQL, and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
• Experience in performance quality assurance tasks such as unit, performance and regression testing
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools including MS Project, Visio and Access.
• Ability to work with and lead a team containing technical and non-technical members.
• Obtain and keep current Security+ Training annually
• Must be able to obtain a Government Public Trust clearance
• Experience utilizing Team Foundation Server or Visual Source Safe
• Experience with basic database administration tasks in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
• Knowledge of development architectures and software patterns
• Applied knowledge of an agile development process for small applications.
• Experience with the Risk Management Framework and its implementation a plus.
Accredited Bachelors (Masters preferred) Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience. 5 years applicable software design engineering experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.