- 181048 - Product Safety Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Product Safety Engineer
for an opening in Sunnyvale, CA.
• Work with regional teams to ensure product compliance with international regulations
• Track EU Regulatory Compliance and Product Safety updates including Brexit
• Product testing and safety agency testing (NRTL, FCC, CE, etc)
• Coordinate 3rd party agency visits.
• Evaluate and analyze 3rd party lab test reports, and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Collaborate in a team environment and assist in development and improvement of test methodologies, reporting, and coordination.
• Ensure product and company compliance standards and directives (CE, TUV, IEC, CSA, IEEE, EN61010, etc.)
• Keep current with changing global safety regulations and standards and communicate proposed & impending changes to ensure business continuity and compliance is maintained.
• Work with Analytical Instruments and OEM products
• Participate in Risk Assessment activities such as Hazard Analysis and FMEA’s.
• 5+ years Product Safety experience in a testing lab or engineering project development environment.
• Must have working knowledge of safety requirements, industry standards and test equipment
• Must be able to write technical documents clearly and concisely.
• Design experience in safety, EMC and product certification is preferred
• Work experience with UL, ETL, TUV, CSA, IEEE, and IEC requirements
• Experience qualifying Analytical Instruments to UL 61010-1 preferred
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or a related area) required
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.