- 181060 - Sockroom Clerk
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $18 to $19.50 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Stockroom Clerk for an opening in Gardena, CA.
Reporting to the Supervisor & Master Logistics Planner, the Stockroom Clerk A performs simple to complex manual, clerical and computer data entry duties in the stockroom areas such as receiving, storing and disbursement of materials and helps maintain a good and accurate inventory.
1. Helps maintain accurate receiving and issued parts.
2. Perform data entry on computer.
3. Pulls kits and issue backorders.
4. Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming items and verify the receipt of incoming items.
5. Stores articles in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number.
6. Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
7. Preparing of periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock.
8. Adjustments of inventory counts and the damage to stock.
9. Makes inventory adjustments to items carried in stock.
10. Determines the identification and stock location.
11. Moves or transports material from stockroom to production departments.
12. Maintains a neat and clean stockroom.
13. Accepts materials from receiving inspection and checks against paperwork validating quantity, part number and description and/or arranges for storing of received material in a neat and orderly arrangement onto shelves, racks or specified floor locations.
14. Maintains computerized inventory records and documents all discrepancies and helps with complex part research.
15. Helps develop and train lesser experienced stockroom clerks.
Five (5) years experience in inventory control/stockroom (receiving, storing and arranging, issuing and kitting of material) function related to the movement of inventory; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires ability to read, write and interpret (WDS) computer documents.
Must be able to communicate in English both orally and in writing with production as well as with other material/production control functions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral. Ability to perform routine semi-routine duties where the assign task necessitates the exercise of a moderate amount of judgement and decision making.
Must be able to operate material handling equipment and/or perform some semi-heavy lifting to move material as required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.