- 181121 - Scientist II
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist II for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
• Work with the team to design experimental plans, analyzes experimental data, generates laboratory protocols, and writes technical reports, quantitative analyses, and product summaries
• Troubleshoots and solves difficult problems in the design/execution of development projects
• Investigates, creates, and incorporates new methods and technologies to improve the effectiveness of development workflows
• Maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards
• Presents data at scientific conferences (external and internal)
• Interacts closely with other internal departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Quality, Operations and/or Technical Services)
• Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations
Protein characterization experience is preferred. Prior industrial experience is desirable.
• Strong cloning experience (standard cloning, PCR, mutagenesis, sequencing)
• Strong mammalian cell culture experience in multiple cell lines
• Experience with genome editing (CRISPR, etc)
• Experience with in vitro transcription, working with mRNA
• Background in working with proteins and bacterial functional screens
• Proven proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies
Accredited Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or a related discipline and 1-2 plus years of lab experience is required, Bachelor’s degree with 3 plus years of experience is acceptable.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.