- 181202 - Electrical Engineer III
- 7 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer III for an opportunity in Sterling, VA.
Primary focus of this position is to support the electrical design development for
the company’s line of Galley Inserts. This includes design, testing, documentation, parts
qualification, and assisting other electrical engineers with their design responsibilities.
1. Understand and apply ZXAI standards, processes and best practices.
2. Developnew ZXAI standards, processes and best practices when required.
3. Independently perform, and assist other electrical and software engineers in, specifying, designing,
documenting, testing, and troubleshooting new products.
4. Be very knowledgeable in at least two of the following design areas: digital (including
microcontroller), analog, RF, and power supply.
5. Mentor other Electrical Engineering department members in developing their design skills.
6. Assist Production in resolving design-related issues. Research solutions and prepare
documentation as required.
7. Develop documentation, flowcharts, and diagrams to support problem analysis.
8. Work with other engineers and departments to research potential useful or alternate components.
9. Participate in requirements, design, and source code reviews.
10. Support Customer Service and Repair by training and by providing troubleshooting assistance.
11. Identify and implement opportunities for electrical development cycle time improvements.
12. Assist other members of the development team to debug and troubleshoot reported issues.
13.Position entails minimal (<10%) travel.
Must possess technical competence to comfortably discuss, convey and understand
Zodiac products, as well as, appreciate the implications of their installation.
1. Demonstrated ability as a self-starter
2. Willingness to learn new skills and develop existing ones.
3. Strong understanding and working experience with Microsoft Project and
Microsoft Office Tools
4. Good presentation, communication, and training skills.
5. Ability to multi-task and assess priorities in a complex and demanding
6. Ability to cooperate with other team members
of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable degree with over 7 years of
applicable experience is required.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.