- 181247 - Assembler
- Up to $17.50 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Franklin, MA.
• Ability to work under general supervision and complete assignments with limited instruction.
• High School education or equivalent. Four or more years of manufacturing experience.
• Good math and computer skills. Ability to perform basic operations in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience using a wide range of hand tools.
• Identify non-conforming parts write NCMRs to disposition them to MRB.
• High visual acuity and manual dexterity. Ability to do equipment set up and qualification on simple machinery as well as experience doing in process visual inspection.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and drawings and interpret component orientation. Understand and use Bill of Materials to check component fulfillment. Order missing or replacement parts.
• Excellent grasp of the English language, both written and verbal.
• Soldering experience required.
• Required to rework or reassemble units based on verbal or written instructions for failure analysis or development activities. Assignments may be complex and non-repetitive. Some personal judgment may be needed.
• Ability to train and assist lower level assemblers.
• ISO9000 exposure.
• Ability to prepare, handle and work safely with chemicals and gasses and maintain good housekeeping standards.
• Experience working with and troubleshooting electromechanical assemblies
• Experience with Infor XA or other ERP system a plus
• Participate in daily team stand-up meetings; communicating daily challenges and/or ideas
• Participate in improvement events (such as Kaizen, 5S, Practical Process Improvement)
• Work with cell leads and value stream support to resolve process issues when required
• Document non-conformances
• Active member of production cell. May require inventory and equipment management as related to the cells operations requirements
• Basic troubleshooting abilities with electromechanical assemblies
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.