- 181290 - Software Engineer 3
- Oklahoma City
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 6 Software Engineer 3's for openings in Oklahoma City, OK.
Currently seeking Mid-Level Software Engineers (Contract Engineer). Training Systems is responsible for the design, manufacture, development, and maintenance of a wide variety of commercial and military training devices. The applicant would be primarily supporting the C-17 Training System platform, in Oklahoma City, OK.Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Performs software project management and software supplier management functions. Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under general direction.
Software is an integral part of each of these products and these products are integral parts of the defense of multiple nations. If you come to work with us you will be responsible for full life-cycle software development which means you will have a hand in defining the requirements; designing, implementing and testing the software; and supporting these products through delivery and in the field.
The selected applicant will be a member of a high performing, collaborative team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills. These teams use Agile methodologies to support all aspects of product development, including project management. The applicant will be encouraged to actively help the team to continuously improve and develop innovative and creative solutions to products and processes. The qualified candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
- Avionics Architectures
- Ethernet networks, network design, programming and services
- Real-time operating systems and development of real-time software
- Threat definitions and capabilities and modeling of same
- Knowledge of DMO, DIS Protocols, and IEEE SISO standards
- Link-16 networks and message formats and protocols, Link-16 signal simulators
- Avionics capabilities and interfaces and modeling of same
- Electronic Warfare capabilities
- C, C++, Ada,
- Linux/Red Hat/CentOS, MS Visual Studio, VersionOne
- C-17 Aircraft and/or Simulator Experience
- Agile, Kanban, Lean, automated testing and/or continuous integration
- Automated testing, and/or continuous integration is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
• 5+ years of professional experience in Software Development
• Professional experience with C++, C#, Ada, and/or Java
• Preferred degrees are Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Occasional travel may be required (up to 25%).
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.