- 181391 - Mechanic Structural
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Structural Mechanic for an opening in Jacksonville,FL.
This mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate
difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines,
hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring
equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures' manuals. Job requirements: must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have basic knowledge of electrical theory, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique
tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers. Thisjob requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
• Perform a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department
• Read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
• Setup and use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as: dial indicators, micrometers, gauges, proctors, and calipers, etc.
• Use common hand tools such as: drills, reamers, deburring tools, files, rivet guns, bucking bars, etc.
• Assemble aircraft structures and associated components with the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, honing, reaming, counter-sinking, dimpling, burring and fastening
• Perform close tolerance assembly operations such as: shimming, fitting, trimming, and aligning where variances may occur considerably from one assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major structural assemblies
• Replace major structure components, longerons, formers, ribs and stiffeners in skinned assemblies establishing from blueprints with firm callouts, butt, center, chord, station and water lines
• Blind pickup of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure
• Operate such equipment as brakes, grinders, band saws, and presses
• Identify different types of corrosion, clean and treat corrosion, remove damaged areas, fabricate parts to repair damaged area, determine rivet patterns, layouts, etc.
• Checks all work and ensures a defective free assembly prior to final inspection
• The desired applicant must have a broad array of structures knowledge and have the relevant/necessary experience to be able to "hit the ground running" if hired. We will provide tools and toolbox
Accredited High school diploma or equivalent.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
This work assignment has been designated as "safety-sensitive" by the Client. Contractors assigned to safety-sensitive jobs at the Client site must first complete regulatory pre-placement requirements prior to reporting to assignment. Additionally, contractors assigned to safety-sensitive work will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with federal mandates.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.