- 181456 - Technical Subcontracts Engineer
- Up to $50.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technical Subcontracts Engineer for an opening in Alpharetta, GA.
This position is the primary Engineering interface to hardware suppliers. This responsibility includes supporting project teams by coordinating research of hardware, identification and down-selection of suppliers, and working closely with supplier to resolve issues and mitigate program risk. The successful candidate will be highly flexible and able to work multiple pursuits simultaneously in order to be effective. This position reports to the Engineering Leader of the Business Unit.
• Support the project team in researching and finding replacement hardware assemblies from industry
• Engineering focal point for all PIAs with new suppliers and potential suppliers
• Coordinate supplier communications and negotiations from request for information through contract close-out; including writing statements of work and coordinating with procurement for execution of purchase order
• Coordinate the down-selection and partnering with one or more suppliers to procure the identified hardware
• Research and identigy new suppliers and explore capabilities to solve business challenges and mitigate program risk
• Resolve supplier issues using technical data packages and problem solving techniques
• Perform project management activities to successfully plan and execute outsourced projects
• Drives a culture of transparency and integrity
• Very strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills with ability to influence others
• Encourages diversity of thought and perspective
• Proven leadership skills
• Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills combined with sound judgement
• 5+ years in a similar role
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
• Ability to travel up to 75%
• Position based in Alpharetta, GA
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
9/80. 7:30 - 5:30
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.