- 181466 - Software Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- South San Francisco
- Up to $112.50 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in South San Francisco, CA.
The candidate will be working in data collection team for Genetic Science Division at South San Francisco that may include instrumentation in qPCR, Capillary Electropherosis, and Microarray platforms. The responsibility includes, but not limited to, develop instrument control logic that interfaces with low level firmware and application business logic, customize Linux OS and build system image, design re-usable framework for robustness and security, follow software development best practices. He will work independently and collaboratively in a cross functional team and possibly in distributed environment.
• Technical degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience as a software professional
• Strong expertise in C/C++, Python, and Linux OS
• Python: In-depth knowledge of threading model, data structures, experience creating Python bindings in C and C++, and experience with regular expressions
• Linux/Android: Build a system from scratch, using tools like debootstrap
• Exposure to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), and/or Android-x86 and can build from source.
• Bootstrapping on different architectures (UBoot for ARM, GRUB/LILO for x86, etc)
• Kernel configuration and building
• Proceses/threads, process spawning and lifecycle, signals, IPC, sockets, Linux DBUS interface
• Familiarity with standards like C++11, C++14, including unified interfaces to timers,
• GNU toolchain: Autoconf, automake, manual Makefile editing, gcc, etc.
• Cross-compilers: How to build binutils, gcc, etc for different targets
• Experience with NDK (the Android Native Development Kit) and Experience with debugging tools (eg. gdb andpdb)
• Experience with building large multi-threaded applications that deal with mutexes, resource handling, race conditions
• Nice to have: Kernel device drivers, USB interfaces
Accredited Technical degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience as a software professional
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.