- 181525 - Billing Specialist
- Up to $15.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Billing Specialist for an opening in Madison, MS.
The Billing Specialist will create invoices with supporting documents including researching and reconciling cost for both fixed price and reimbursable billings, scanning and coping for submission to the Customer. Creating timely and accurate Book Cost to Billed Cost reconciliations for each contract.
• Coordinate with personnel from various departments to ensure complete and accurate documentation for billing and subsequent collection
• Monitor and research cost and request journal entries to ensure costs are accumulated against work orders/WBSs correctly
• Obtain Statements of Completion of Work(SOCOWs), when required
• Cooperate and assist during audits, when necessary
• Ensure all task are performed in accordance with company policy.
• Exhibit positive courteous behavior with customers, businesses, and co-workers.
• Assist co-workers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
• Follow all safety policies and practices as established by the company and/or regulatory bodies
High School Diploma and 2 years of related experience.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other related field.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Multi-Tasking and ability to learn quickly
Strong attention to details and follow-through skills
Excellent problem solving skills
Excellent time management skills
Excellent decision-making skills
Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel)
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.