- 181562 - Billing and Accounts Receivable Specialist I
- Up to $16.80 DOE
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Billing and Accounts Receivable Specialist I for an opening in Norfolk, VA.
Perform the day to day processing of billing and project setup transactions to ensure that all company invoices are prepared timely for submission to our customers. In addition, a focus on collection of any overdue billings is required.
• Perform project setup in the Costpoint system according to contract invoicing and reporting requirements
• Identifying, preparing and recording all billable activity within expected billing deadlines for each respective active contract.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to submission for payment to the customer.
• Obtaining management sign-off on all billable activities when required
• Generating aged accounts receivable reports as required
• Following up on open items and bringing them to a resolution on assigned accounts receivable
• Recording the collection status of overdue accounts
• Communicating with customers via phone, email or mail
• Successfully resolving all billing-related requests and inquiries as required
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Assist with other projects as needed
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in government contracts and billing
• Proficient in Cost Point, MS Excel and good understanding of MS Office Suite
• Must have strong work ethics, reliable, well organized and a self-starter
• Strong accounts receivable experience
• Ability to communicate effectively and interact with other employees and customers in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• College degree in accounting, business administration or related study a plus
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.