- 181572 - Controller
- CA-Central California
- Santa Maria
- 4 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Controller for an opening in Santa Maria, CA.
Responsible for the monthly financial reports and month end closing for the plant. Interacts with plant management to help resolve accounting and operational issues. Perform detailed analysis of the monthly financial statements. Responsible for helping the organization reach the goals of our mission statement.
The Controller manages the financial affairs of the facility’s reporting unit and prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim financial statements. The responsibilities include the supervision over internal auditing, and budgetary controls. The Controller interacts with the Operations Manager to solve accounting operational issues. This job reports to the division CFO.
• Preparation, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and forecast of the division.
• Prepare and review monthly/quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Active partnership with local GM and Corporate shared financial services to ensure site operations, cash flow, and programs are supported to improve operating performance
• Coordinates and directs the preparation of the yearly budget and monthly financial forecasts (i.e. profit & loss, cash flows, etc.)
• Maintains internal control procedures and audit adherence to them
• Daily analysis and reporting of plant variances.
• Provide weekly best estimate in terms of profitability, cash collection and inventory trend for the month
• Responsible for facilitating, accumulating, analyzing, and valuation of the year end physical inventory.
• The Controller has the final responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization.
• Customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment that supports and directly impacts senior executive management reports and decisions.
• General Duties:
o All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of the Client products.
o All employees are required to productively react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
7+ years in the Accounting or related field.
• Advanced Microsoft Office (including Excel & Word) and Windows operating system.
• Must have thorough experience with ERP systems.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and good verbal and writing skills
• Must have financial statement preparation experience
• A candidate must possess excellent analytical skills, as well as, organizational and communication skills
• The candidate must have financial statement review and general ledger experience
• The candidate must possess adequate knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Windows based operating systems
• The candidate must be able to work unsupervised, with some direction
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
• Master’s degree
• 10 or more years of experience in the Accounting field
• A candidate should be able to train and coach their staff
• The candidate should be able to perform employee evaluations
Finance experience in a manufacturing facility preferred
Accredited Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in accounting or similar.
Monday thru Friday, 8AM to 5PM; OT as needed
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.