- 181628 - Mechanical Drafter
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Simi Valley
- $30 to $34.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Drafter for an opening in Simi Valley, CA.
Mechanical Drafter will create details of fabrication and assembly drawings for manufacturing and assembly of the finished products. The primary area of expertise shall be the updating of drawings, creating parts lists, detailing of new components including machined parts for rotating mechanisms, and packaging of electro-mechanical, electrical, and microwave components. This involves creating CAD generated detail drawings of various machine type parts, brackets and assemblies.
• This position reports to the Director Antenna Pedestal Design.
• Plans, lays outs, draws, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data in a field of specialization such as structures, devices, mechanics, electrical, or electronics.
• Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM, CATIA, Pro-Engineer or SolidWorks.
• Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices.
• Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning.
• Prepares specifications for parts, assemblies, and installations; prepares complete production detail drawings; contributes design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations.
Minimum of three (3) years of hands on electro-mechanical work experience and the use of engineering drawings is required.
Must be experienced in the use of SolidWorks with a minimum of one (1) full year of classroom training including hands on experience.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.