- 181629 - Operations Technician
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Operations Technician for an opening in Germantown, MD.
The Operations Technician 1 is responsible for the daily pulling of infectious and non-infectious reagents from storage, packaging of reagents, and shipping using the FedEx Powership system and other courier processes as appropriate. Additional responsibilities include: receiving third party shipments and preparing receiving records; aliquotting bulk reagents (i.e. weighing chemical compounds and aliquotting liquid reagents) and assembling reagent sets; assists in updating inventory databases; ordering, unpacking and stocking supplies; and biohazard waste removal. He/she provides assistance to all aspects of the AIDS Reagent Program when requested.
This person may also be responsible for performing special projects and other important administrative support functions. This individual will be responsible for reviewing and modifying documents. With your attention to detail, dependability and ability to multi-task this individual will locate and remove materials from critical files when requested. They are also responsible for filing operations-related documents and other records. They must be able to use PDF editing software such as Adobe Acrobat, or Nitro Pro, as well as the Microsoft Office suite
• Pull reagents from different storage conditions (ambient, +4, -20 walk-in, -80, and LN2).
• Package and ship reagents according to IATA regulations.
• Receives shipments; prepares detailed receiving records.
• Aliquot bulk reagents/compounds and assemble reagent sets.
• Receive dry ice shipments and answer calls for loading dock deliveries.
• Update ARP’s inventory databases (ARMS and ScanIT) when needed.
• Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
• Review electronic files for proprietary information and either flag or remove the information from the files.
• Organize and scan documentation; current and historic.
• Add new material to file records, and create new records as necessary.
• Box and transfer physical records to inactive storage according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements.
• Find and copy records in response to requests from supervisors.
• Keep records of materials filed or removed.
• Modify and improve filing systems, or implement new filing systems as requested.
• Shred miscellaneous documentation as requested by supervisors.
• Receive incoming shipments and supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned by their supervisor or Project Directors.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.