- 181642 - Laboratory Technician
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Laboratory Technician for an opening in Andover, MA.
Organize, maintain, clean, and restock central core lab functional areas daily:
• Perform routine lab activities including defrosting freezers, Monitor and add water to incubators, Refill & clean water baths, Refill ethanol bottles in tissue culture rooms. Bleach and empty waste containers as needed.
• Monitor satellite accumulation areas (chemical hoods) for timely disposal of chemicals through Waste Mgmt Vendors
• Organize & wipe down storage shelves in cold rooms, remove expired reagents
• Schedule monthly calibration of CO2/humidity of the tissue culture incubator
• Store and serve as point of contact for packages on ice/dry ice.
• Run simple maintenance on selected laboratory equipment
• Submit requests (on behalf of the scientists) for instrument repairs
• Monitor Central inventory center and work with vendor to optimize organization
• Order & Restock media, instrument buffers, Cold room inventory, agar plates, supplies, solvents & chemicals within authorized limits on
behalf of the scientists.
• Monitor, order and replenish safety glasses dispensers for assigned labs
• Coordinate shipping between customer sites Deliver samples to the shipping department daily
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.