- 181712 - Procurement Specialist
- $33 to $36.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Procurement Specialist for an opening in Ashburn, VA.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for procuring goods and services to support company and program requirements, interfacing with suppliers, and ensuring compliance with Government and corporate policies and requirements.
1. Performs daily procurement activity by processing requisitions, issuing request for quotes/proposals, and performing appropriate analysis in order to meet desired cost and schedule requirements in support of manufacturing and program activities.
2. Addresses quality and design concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Program Engineering and/or Operations Engineering.
3. Develops and enhances relationships with strategic supplier/partners; serves as the primary contact with suppliers, and supports the initial qualification and then fostering a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management.
4. Actively works on and supports the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities.
5. Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
6. Coordinates quality issues with suppliers as required and manages supplier returns.
7. Review open invoices and insures timely three way match requirements to keep all suppliers current.
8. Reduces procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
9. Draft and negotiate non-disclosure agreements with suppliers.
10. Other duties as assigned.
• 4 - 10 years purchasing or material management.
• Must be independent and able to work with little direction.
• Firm understanding of procurement practices.
• Extensive experience sourcing build-to-print circuit card assemblies, and/or mechanical assemblies, and/or machined components custom components.
• Understands and clearly communicates design specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read and comprehend complex part drawings and specifications.
• Familiarity with quality management systems, such as ISO 9001 or AS 9100.
• Strong analytical background.
• Experience working and interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality, and Engineering.
• Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
• Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Basic understanding of UCC, Terms & Conditions, financial analysis, and supplier risk mitigation.
• Experience or education with a MRP system.
• Experience with Deltek’s Costpoint system.
• Familiarity with Government regulations/requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley, ITAR, and FARS/DFARS.
• 5+ years work experience in non-procurement role, such as engineering, operations tech, quality, program management.
• MBA desired
Accredited BA/BS in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business or other related field, MBA desired
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.