- 181733 - Technical Editor and Writer
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- $40 to $45.00 DOE
- 1 year
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technical Eidtor and Writer in San Diego, CA.
- As a Technical Editor and Writer, you will be responsible to write, rewrite and/or edit technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications.
You will develop material that communicates clearly and effectively the technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences to include military personnel.
- This position requires the initiative to acquire subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referencing technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
- This position will also require the active participation in overseeing the preparation of illustrative materials, to include the selection of drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
Must have 6 Years relevant experience with Bachelors, 4 Years with Masters, or equivalent experience.
Previous Flight Manual authoring and development experience (must show).
Previous IETM authoring and development experience.
- Possess knowledge of S1000D, SGML or XML authoring software, common source databases, technical publications development processes, and Quality Assurance (QA) methods.
Possess a familiarity with aircraft systems and the USAF Technical Order guidelines.
Bachelors, Masters, or equivalent experience is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.