- 181746 - Jr Commodity Buyer
- $24 to $29.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Jr. Commodity Buyer for an opening in Ayer, MA.
The Commodity Buyer has direct hands-on and management responsibility for accurate and timely purchasing and planning of a category of commodity materials. The Commodity Buyer is an expert at managing demand for materials needed to meet Production commitments of Quality and On Time Delivery. Daily responsibilities include executing best practices for timely purchase order (PO) placement, estimating material costs & lead time for customer quote bids, and maintenance of outstanding supplier PO commitments. Measures of success for performance include meeting demand for material & estimates with a low backlog of outstanding PO & quote lines, Customer OTD, and efficiency metrics managing Supplier POs (e.g. cost, lead time, quoting, delivery, quality, RMAs, etc.). The Commodity Buyer is responsible to identify and take actions on solutions to procurement issues that include supplier performance, supplier selection, obsolescence, data/specification/documentation completeness, and other causes of delay.
• Must be the expert in managing any assigned material commodities (e.g. PCB/electronics, sheet metal, machined parts, etc.)
• Analyze, manage, and implement actions relating to material requirements that ensure an uninterrupted flow of materials and services for Production using MRP, Pull Indicators (e.g. kanban, min/max, manifests, etc) and New Product Introduction project plans.
• Anticipate and proactively mitigate risks to material procurement commitments. Work with an emphasis to not allow a Client customer order to go late.
• Lead commodity planning with Sales, Marketing, and Production in meeting customers’ needs (guaranteed Promise Dates), minimizing Production (WIP) delays, and ensuring supplier quality.
• Identify and obtain Engineering and other documentation essential to meet Production schedule and customer OTD requirements.
• Manage obsolescence so that commitments to Client customers are not at risk.
• Expeditiously maintain and execute RMA process for designated part numbers.
• Expeditiously quote parts, services, and delivery options as required.
• Create and maintain all reporting requirements (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed to monitor purchasing activity levels, support build schedules, and maintain replenishment systems.
• Work and plan to eliminate commodity material shortages and work order delays through direct involvement with Production resources, Suppliers, and Project personnel.
• Identify, plan, communicate, and implement continuous improvement opportunities that eliminate waste, delay, and data inaccuracies.
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project and software.
• Ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications, customer specifications, prints & drawings.
• Strong knowledge of FAR, ITAR, Counterfeit materials, obsolescence, conflict minerals and demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
• Exceptional interpersonal, and decision making skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.